Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Trialling some art supplies

Today I needed to work on a logo for a friend. I have several ideas scribbled down but I really fell in love with one idea and I thought it would be perfect to develop into experimental piece. Of course she turned into a mermaid because of the workshop I am doing and my mind is underwater (at least its not in the gutter lol!). And the icons that were supposed to be a heart and a brain turned into nautilus shells... I love nautilus shells, always have, always will, that gorgeous shape and internal architecture... another one of mother nature's miracles. I say the picture was experimental because I have a bunch of Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Markers that I had not used yet and I really didn't know what they could do (I didn't even know I could use them as watercolours - found that out by accident - I know I should pay more attention!)
I loved, loved, loved, loved working with these markers!!! They were great to use. This is the quick drawing I did (okay so not very quick so it was a good few hours!). It's a bit of a "just do it, don't be scared to screw up" - I get very wound up if things don't go how I see them in my minds eye and can be a bit defeatist so need to let go and relax :)

Because it's a bit of a crabby day... perfect for copious amounts of coffee and doing art stuff, I also decided to do a step by step stills video (not a tutorial...just how I did it).



I better do that logo tomorrow though and not get sidetracked by mermaids, art supplies or online art supplies window shopping!! xxx

1 comment:

  1. Loved watching your video. I am also taking the mermaid circus class and your work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete